The Boy on the Wooden Box Book Review

The Boy On The Wooden Box
By: Leon Leyson (Leib Lejson)
Review by: Jack Fischer
Publisher: Atheneum
Page count: 206


Little Leib Lejson loved the city life in Kraków, Poland that his parents worked so hard to create for him and his five siblings. But then the Germans were every where, in the city, on the streets and his home. Suddenly all his friends were his enemies all because he was a Jew. He lived in the ghettos, through the Płaszów work camp and miraculously along with him and his dad, mom and two of his siblings found their way onto the infamous Schindler's List. Oskar Schindler became the savior of his and 1,200 other Jews life.


This book, oh my gosh. The assignment in my English class was to read a Holocaust novel, I have been through the history unit of World War Two and wanted nothing to do with the horrors inside of a concentration camp. But that was the assignment and this was my book. I cannot even imagine the things that happened and this book helps with that, I am horrified that this is non-fiction and not a fake story. But this is the truth and this is what happened in our world. This heart wrenching and shocking story will capture you and stay with you. Read it.

¨Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.¨ -George Santayana



I would recommend this book to...
  • People who like non-fiction
  • People interested in World War Two
  • Anyone looking for a heart wrenching and incredible novel


¨Not even the scariest of fairy tales could have prepared me for the monsters I would confront while just a boy of ten... Or for the hero, disguised as a monster himself, that would save my life¨


-Leon Leyson

This book is available for purchase here or here.

Anonymous

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: