We Were Liars Book Review

We Were Liars

By E. Lockhart

Review by Derpy

Published by Delacorte Press

Page count: 240

Candice (Cady) Sinclair is a brilliant, beautiful, and sophisticated girl. She is also damaged, she was in an accident, leaving her with terrible headaches that won't go away and memory loss. She is also the first grandchild in the Sinclaire family, and the inheritor of a significant chunk of the Sinclaire fortune. The Sinclaire family own a large private island with four houses for each of Cadys aunts and cousins to live in for the summer. The island is Cadys favorite place, her cousins Mirrian and Johnny come every summer with her. Along with Johnny's childhood friend Gat who Cadys grandparents allowed to stay with them every year. They were "The Liars". Her "Liars" were Cadys best friends, The Liars did everything together... Until Cadys accident. The year of Summer Seventeen Cady returns to the island, but everyone, including her Liars are keeping secrets from her. Cady needs to know what happened to her in Summer Fifteen and why she lost her memory.

We Were Liars was a great realistic fiction novel. It was interesting reading about such a wealthy family and their struggle for more wealth. The writing was fantastic! I can see why E. Lockhart was nominated for a National Book Award and is a Printz Award honoree, and I wouldn't be surprised if this book won an award also. I cannot wait for a movie company to buy up the rights for this book and turn it into a motion picture. The story will draw you in, the writing will keep you going and the surprises will make you stay. Read We Were Liars and you will be in for a ride, a good ride in fact. I appreciated how the story line wasn't focused on the love story and how the romance just help shape the story.

I would recommend this book to...

  • Fans of the Fault in Our Stars
  • Anyone looking for a Realistic Fiction/ Romancy sorta book
  • Anyone looking for a soft Mystery book
  • Someone who enjoys great story lines and suprising twists

This book was given to me by the Red Balloon Bookshop. It is availible for purchase here or here!

Thanks so much for reading! :)

Anonymous

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

Sseverson said...

Oh.... wasn't this a good one? I'm glad you read it. It is one of those books that you can't really talk about with someone who hasn't read it. Did the ending surprise you, or did you have it figured out?

Anonymous said...

I agree. This is a book that sticks with you long after you have finished.

Unknown said...

I will buy it for my daughter. Do you think adults would like it too? I enjoyed TFIOS.

Unknown said...

@Sseverson I thought it was great, a little romancy but not too much for me. The ending really did surprise me, I didn't see it coming!

Unknown said...

@laura spencer Your daughter would probably like it, and I do think that adults would enjoy it as well as teens!

Thanks for the feedback on my reviews everyone!