The Rule of Thoughts Book Review

The Rule of Thoughts
By James Dashner
Published by: Delacorte Press
Page Count: 336
Series: Book two in The Mortality Doctrine

Micheal finally awakes from the sleep and his journey with his friends down the path, to discover that he was actually just a tangent. He find himself in the body of a human, Jackson Porter, all he knows is that Kane did this to him, and to Jackson. Michael knows that Kane isn't all powerful, he discovered that he is actually a tangent too. He must and his friends, Sarah and Bryson must defeat Kane, with or without the help of the VNS. They must find a way to stop Kane from putting more tangents in human bodies before its too late.

I was a lot more confused about this book than I was with the last one. It really wasn't as gripping as the first story, I read for a little bit then set it down, six months later I did the same thing, and about two months I finally finished it. So that might show that its not quite as entertaining or gripping as The Eye of Minds, but I do like how the world has really evolved in this book. Since Michael was a tangent all of book one we didn't really see what the world was like in this time period, but in this book we can see all the other technological advances and everything else that has happened to the world. I say if the first book really gripped you and you just need to read the last book that just came out to see what happens, read it. Otherwise, I probably would have been fine just reading book number one, but I love James Dashners stories so much I just needed to finish it.

I would recommend this book to...

  • Fans of The Eye of Minds and James Dashner
  • Fans of Game Slaves by Gard Skinner
  • Someone who likes Science Fiction Novels
  • Someone who likes books about video games
  • Fans of Insignia by S.J. Kincaid

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: