Avalon Book Review

Avalon

By: Mindee Arnett

Review by: Derpy

Published by: HarperTeen

Page count: 432

Jeth is the leader of a crime crew who has survived by stealing metatech, a type of technology that allows space ships to fly/ “warp” anywhere in the galaxy. When Jeth learns about a mission that his crime boss, Hammer is sending the crew to next is to steal a ship with a top secret weapon on it, he also learns that both Hammer and the ITA (the space police that govern the galaxy) want this ship. And the ITA are offering what Jeth wants most, his old ship back, The Avalon. His parents owned the Avalon before they were executed by the ITA, should he trust the ITA and how far will Jeth go to get his freedom and his old ship back?

This is one of my favorite science fiction books, ever! In fact, I cannot wait to get my hands on the next in the series. I don’t read must Sci Fi and that is because I feel like I’m forced to read them. But Avalon was completely different. I wanted to read Avalon, it was great from the get-go! This book goes up with my favorite science fiction, even though there are few, with Ender’s Game and The Eye Of Minds.

I would recommend this book to...

  • Anyone who likes Star Trek
  • Someone who enjoyed Ender’s Game or The Eye Of Minds
  • Anyone who likes Sci Fi
  • Anyone who is looking for a good series

I received this book as an Advanced Reader Copy from a book club I participate in, in my area. This book will be published on 1/21/14 and is available for pre-oreder here or here.
Thank you for reading! :)

Anonymous

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: