The Spectacular Lynne Matson Interview! Day 2


Look you made back to another part of my interview with Lynne Matson! Welcome back. Well we have some pretty interesting stuff today, like always. So lets dig in.
Question 5
Derpy: What are some of your favorite books?

Lynne: Oh my gosh, tough question! I LOVE so many books! The Dragonriders of PERN series by Anne McCaffrey, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, the Jenna Fox Chronicles by Mary Pearson, to name a few.:)

Question 6
Derpy: Give us some info about what publishers do and how they work.

Lynne: I can only speak from my experience; each publisher is different. There are big houses and small ones, all with different pros and cons. The key is to find a publisher that loves your book. For me, I first got an agent, which involved sending LOTS of letters and getting LOTS of rejections, writing another book (NIL), and finding an agent that loved NIL. Then she pitched the idea to publishing houses and Macmillan bought it. YAY! It's been amazing.

Question 7


Derpy: Before you write your books how much outlining do you do?


Lynne: None! I'm what they call a "pantser," meaning I write from the seat of my pants.:) My process goes like this: an idea pops into my head--usually the start of a book and the ending--and then I sit down and start writing. Filling in the gaps is so much fun because I never exactly know where my characters will take me.
Question 8
Derpy: What are some tips for writing a good character?

Lynne: Be real. Or as real as you can be, for the character you've created.


Well thank you for tuning in for another day of interview. Come back tomorrow and I promise that more will be here. Unless of corse a giant volcano explodes and rains ash on all of us like in Ashfall, by Mike Mullian. Well see you tomorrow!


To check out Lynne's Blog click here, for FaceBook click here, for Twitter click here, for her GoodReads click here, to pre-order NIL click here or here and to read my review of NIL click here!
Lynne Matson

Anonymous

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: